Oludeniz Beach / Ölüdeniz Plajı
About oludeniz beach:
Some information about oludeniz beach:
2. The beach is one of the most photographed beaches in Turkey, with its turquoise waters and the Babadağ Mountain in the background.
3. The Babadağ Mountain, which rises to an elevation of 1,969 meters, is famous for its paragliding activities. Many tourists come to Oludeniz Beach to experience the thrill of jumping off the mountain and gliding over the beach and the Blue Lagoon.
4. The Blue Lagoon, which is a protected area, is a popular spot for swimming and relaxing. The lagoon is known for its calm and clear waters, which are perfect for swimming, snorkeling, and diving.
5. Oludeniz Beach is located about 13 kilometers south of Fethiye, a popular tourist town in the region. The beach is easily accessible by car, public transportation, or taxi.
6. There are plenty of accommodation options in the area, including hotels, resorts, and campsites. The beach also has several restaurants, cafés, and bars where visitors can enjoy a variety of Turkish and international cuisine.
7. The best time to visit Oludeniz Beach is between May and October, when the weather is warm and sunny. The beach can get crowded during the peak summer months, so it's recommended to visit in the early morning or late afternoon to avoid the crowds.
Read also: Top 11 Best beaches in Turkey (map & photos)
Oludeniz beach map
How to get to oludeniz beach:
1- By Air: The nearest airport to Oludeniz Beach is Dalaman International Airport, which is about 60 kilometers away. Many airlines operate direct flights to Dalaman from major cities in Europe and Turkey. From the airport, you can take a taxi or rent a car to reach the beach.
2- By Bus: Fethiye is the nearest town to Ölüdeniz Beach, and it is well-connected by bus to major cities in Turkey. From the Fethiye bus station, you can take a dolmuş (shared taxi) or a regular taxi to the beach. The dolmuş runs frequently and is a cheap and convenient way to reach the beach.
3- By Car: If you are driving, you can take the D400 highway from Antalya or Mugla to reach Fethiye. From Fethiye, take the D400 highway towards Oludeniz, and follow the signs to reach the beach. There is a paid parking lot available near the beach.
4- By Private Transfer: You can also book a private transfer from Dalaman Airport or Fethiye to Ölüdeniz Beach. Many tour operators and hotels in the area offer this service, which is a comfortable and hassle-free way to reach the beach.
Best time to go to oludeniz beach:
The best time to visit Oludeniz Beach is during the summer months, between May and October. During this period, the weather is warm and sunny, and the sea is calm and perfect for swimming and water sports. The average temperature during these months is around 25-30°C (77-86°F).
June to August is the peak season, and the beach can get quite crowded, especially during the weekends and national holidays. If you prefer a quieter and more peaceful experience, it's best to visit in May, September, or early October. During these months, the weather is still warm and pleasant, but the crowds are thinner, and the prices for accommodation and activities are generally lower.
The winter months, from November to April, are considered the low season, and many hotels and restaurants in the area close during this time. The weather is generally cool and rainy, and the sea is often rough, making it unsuitable for swimming and water sports. However, if you don't mind the cooler weather and want to avoid the crowds, you can still enjoy the natural beauty of the area and explore the nearby towns and villages.
Things to do on Oludeniz beach:
|Things to do on Oludeniz beach|
- Swimming and Sunbathing: The crystal-clear turquoise waters and the white sandy beach of Ölüdeniz Beach are perfect for swimming and sunbathing. The Blue Lagoon, a sheltered inlet adjacent to the beach, is a particularly popular spot for swimming and relaxing.
- Paragliding: Ölüdeniz Beach is a world-famous spot for paragliding, with Babadağ Mountain providing an ideal take-off point for gliders. You can take a tandem flight with an experienced instructor and enjoy the breathtaking views of the beach and the surrounding mountains.
- Water Sports: The beach offers a variety of water sports, including snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, and paddleboarding. You can rent equipment and take lessons from local operators.
- Boat Trips: You can take a boat trip from Ölüdeniz Beach to explore the nearby coves, islands, and beaches. Many boats offer a BBQ lunch and snorkeling or swimming stops.
- Hiking and Trekking: The area around Ölüdeniz Beach is rich in natural beauty, with mountains, forests, and scenic trails. You can hike or trek to Babadağ Mountain, the ghost town of Kayaköy, or the Saklıkent Canyon.
- Beach Activities: The beach has several facilities for beach volleyball, beach soccer, and other beach games. You can also rent sun loungers and umbrellas and enjoy a refreshing drink from the nearby bars and cafés.
- Sightseeing: The nearby town of Fethiye has several historical and cultural attractions, including the Lycian rock tombs, the Fethiye Museum, and the Fethiye Castle. You can also visit the local markets and bazaars and buy souvenirs or traditional Turkish handicrafts.
Oludeniz beach weather:
|Oludeniz beach weather|
The weather in Ölüdeniz Beach is typical of the Mediterranean climate, with hot, dry summers and mild, rainy winters. Here is some information on the weather you can expect in different seasons:
Summer (June to August): This is the peak season in Ölüdeniz Beach, with long, sunny days and high temperatures. The average temperature during this time is around 30°C (86°F), and it can get quite hot and humid. The sea temperature is around 25-28°C (77-82°F), making it perfect for swimming and water sports.
Spring and Autumn (May, September, and October): These months are also great for visiting Ölüdeniz Beach, with warm and sunny days and cooler nights. The average temperature during this time is around 20-25°C (68-77°F), and the sea temperature is around 22-25°C (72-77°F). These months are perfect for outdoor activities such as hiking and sightseeing.
Winter (November to April): The winter months in Ölüdeniz Beach are mild and rainy, with temperatures ranging between 10-20°C (50-68°F). The sea temperature drops to around 17-18°C (63-64°F), making it unsuitable for swimming and water sports. However, this is a great time to visit if you prefer a quieter and more peaceful experience, and want to explore the natural beauty of the area.
Oludeniz beach hotels:
Ölüdeniz Beach is a popular tourist destination in Turkey, and there are many hotels and resorts in the area to choose from. Here are some of the top-rated hotels in and around Ölüdeniz Beach:
Liberty Hotels Lykia: This 5-star all-inclusive resort is located on the seafront of Ölüdeniz Beach, and offers luxurious accommodations and facilities, including a private beach, a spa, several swimming pools, and various restaurants and bars.
Ölüdeniz Beach Resort by Z Hotels: This 4-star resort is situated just a few steps away from the beach and offers comfortable rooms and suites with sea or mountain views, as well as a large swimming pool, a spa, and a restaurant.
Garcia Resort & Spa: This 5-star resort is located in the nearby town of Oludeniz and offers modern and spacious rooms and suites with balconies or terraces, as well as a large swimming pool, a spa, and a fitness center.
Jiva Beach Resort: This 5-star all-inclusive resort is located in the nearby town of Fethiye and offers a private beach, several swimming pools, a spa, and various restaurants and bars.
Green Anatolia Club Hotel: This 4-star hotel is located on a hillside overlooking Ölüdeniz Beach and offers comfortable rooms and suites with balconies or terraces, as well as a large swimming pool, a spa, and a restaurant.
There are many other hotels and resorts in the area to suit every budget and preference, and you can choose from all-inclusive, bed and breakfast, or self-catering options.